Friday, April 18, 2014

A Fourth Season!

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

I am so excited to be back here at Tend in it's fourth season and am so appreciative to all of the wonderful women who have contributed to this space over the years. I recently took some time to scroll back to read past posts dating all the way back to 2011. What a wealth of knowledge and inspiration this little site here holds! And thanks to all of our readers who visit and comment and make writing here all the more fun.

When I was peeking back to the very beginning of Tend I found my very first post. And then this little movie too. It's fun to see how much my garden and space has changed in just a few years.

Spring is truly taking it's time here at Second and Edgemont. We had a long, cold, snowy winter and it is still a bit chilly for mid April. The garden is slowly waking up and I am itching to get my hands dirty. But I remain patient. There is something so humbling about how little control we as gardeners really do have. We can tend to but not force our gardens to grow.

Things are happening out there though without much of my help at all. Lettuce and pea shoots have emerged, the hens are laying every day and the strawberries are just peeking through the soil.

I am still dreaming about a rooftop bee hive and hope to learn more from Melissa, who keeps bees and will be joining us here every Tuesday.

Welcome back to Tend!  I look forward to documenting my garden here each Friday with you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just recently discovered this community through Natalie Creates blog. So excited to read along... this space looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, what's going to climb in that second photo?

    ReplyDelete