Friday, April 22, 2011

come walk with me

well hello there and happy spring!
i am so excited for this little project, which i have been dreaming up for some time now. and i could not have asked for better company in helping to create it. i hope you will be inspired as much as i have by these lovely ladies and that you will come visit us often.

my garden is showing true signs of awakening. things are beginning to bloom, sprout, and blossom. it is hard to believe that when we moved here there was not one plant, shrub, or tree. just grass. i have managed to get rid of all of the lawn and use my space a little more efficiently. it is an ever, evolving project that brings me great joy. i have a small amount of growing space, which incorporates my front yard, the space alongside my house, the strip between the sidewalk and the street, and my back yard. because i do not have one big patch to grow a vegetable garden, i incorporate veggies, herbs, and fruit throughout the garden, intermixing with my perennial flowers, shrubs, and trees. I love the look of swiss chard growing among things like black eyed susans, and coneflower. or, lettuces, growing in a pot of pansies. rhubarb growing up through a ground cover of strawberries just makes my mouth water. and toscano kale is the most beautiful speciman plant in itself. i will be sure to show you all of these examples as the season progresses.

but for now, to give you more of a visual of my space, i thought it may be fun to introduce my garden through a little tour of sorts. garden walks are a favorite pastime of mine, not only in my own garden but in other’s as well. there is so much to learn by just simply observing, taking in the sights, smells, sounds, and of course the tastes of the garden. you can read about my early morning walks here.

each week i will be focusing on all sorts of things happening in my garden but why don’t we start off with a little springtime walk, shall we?

come walk with me from amy johnson on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. oh amy! i watched this with a big smile on my face the whole time. i love this concept so very much. will be following right along with you. (my own spring garden is just starting to burst)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amy! i didn't comment on how much i LOVE seeing your garden. this video is perfection- i love getting a sense of your space and how you've designed and mixed everything in- you've definitely inspired me to mix more vegetables in with my flowers and other perennials. i'm totally going to do that this season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this. awesome!

    ReplyDelete