Thursday, April 17, 2014

April finally spring is here...


Hey!

I am thrilled to join Tend and share with you my urban farming experience.

My husband, Dan, and I live in a row house in Philadelphia and have a pretty big backyard for the city.
We've been keeping chickens for about 3 years.
After this long and cold winter I was ready for the spring. This winter I was growing another kind of plant, my newborn Chloe Rose. She is 3 and a half months old. I am happy to finally get some time outside in the backyard. Dan cleaned up a little and we are looking at damages from the cold we had. We lost a rosemary bush!  This year is exciting I am adding some fruit trees to my collection, I have been dreaming of an orchard but in the city...









2 comments:

  1. hello fellow city-gardener!
    I live in a rowhouse on the other side of PA (Pittsburgh). It will be fun to see your pictures here on Tend.
    Pics of our urban garden here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/b_e_c

    ReplyDelete