Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Broccoli Leaf Smoothies

Green smoothies are a staple around our home during the summer.  Although, lately with the bounteous berries the Pacific Northwest offers, our smoothies are more of a purple color.  My boys love them!  This year I've been adding broccoli and cauliflower greens along with kale and spinach for added goodness.

Here's a versatile recipe that offers a lot of room for your own adaptations.  It's raw, vegan (we use honey), and so very healthy!

1/2 C raw almonds
1/2 C raw oats
2 T raw coconut
2 T flax meal
2 T raw sunflower seeds
-----Pulse until smooth, then add,
1 handful greens
1 handful frozen berries
Water or fresh orange juice to your preferred consistency
Raw honey to your liking
-----Blend all until smooth.  Enjoy!














1 comment:

  1. This is a mouthwatering recipe for the Green drink. The best thing is that its color is not green and has more chocolate flavor. I’ll definitely try this at home. I am sure my kids will never recognize that I have put spinach in it.

    ReplyDelete