Monday, September 8, 2014

Zucchini Bread

Summer is no doubt starting to wind down.  Spiders are spinning webs all over my garden, squash and pumpkins are starting to ripen, tomatoes have reached their peak, broccoli is turning to seed, dahlias are on their last leg, dogwood berries are falling, and it's the perfect temperature in the evenings (not too hot, not too cold) to huddle around the fire pit.





I was chatting about gardening with a  little old lady a few weeks ago and she shared with me a joke:
How can you tell if a person has no friends?
In the summertime, they have to buy zucchini from the store!
(Haha, get it?  Zuccini is so prolific and easy to grow, most people are trying to give it away in the summer.)




Today I wanted to share my favorite zucchini bread recipe.  I adapted it from Paula Deen's recipe.

Zucchini Bread or Muffins
1 1/2 C white flour
1 1/2 C wheat flour
1 1/2 t salt
1 t nutmeg
1 T cinnamon
1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C honey
1 C vegetable oil
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 C pureed pineapple
1/3 C fresh orange juice
2 C grated zucchini
1 C chopped nuts

Sift together the dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.  Add the dry ingredients and fold in the nuts.  Bake in 2 standard loaf pans at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Or bake in muffin tins for about 20 minutes.




(All photos taken with a Canon AE-1 Program and expired film)

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are beautiful! I have never made zucchini bread with pineapple, but now I definitely want to try it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete