Friday, September 23, 2011

weekend plans


our fall schedule is a busy one.

it has been days since i have had time to take a picture in the garden.
and today it was pouring buckets which didn't allow for much of a photo post today.

i did however manage to clean and de-clutter the pantry this week
to make room for some canned goods in the works such as applesauce and tomatoes.

i found an old crock at the thrift today and we plan on making some sauerkraut
this weekend from the cabbage that we have begun to get in our CSA share.

a pot of farm beets and carrots have been chopped up to make borscht.

and loads of swiss chard is waiting to be frozen.

speaking of canning and preserving have you seen this great site?

what are your garden/pantry/kitchen plans for the weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I stumbled across Food in Jars at a time when I was trying to get my head around the whole preserving thing. It was inspiring and informative - just what I needed!

    I really should be baking bread but I've fallen of that wagon for the last few weeks. During the week I was drying lavender, mint and calendula. This weekend I've intentions to prepare a garden bed...we'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have some good plans amy! i'm hoping freeze some more kale, possibly make some frozen mirepoix (recipe on this weeks' 3191 posts), maybe make some carrot oatmeal cookies, and pesto, since sadly the basil i picked up at last week's market went bad in my fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. julia i too want to make some mirepox. we have loads of carrots here to process.
    happy weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, thanks so much! I'm so glad to hear you guys like Food in Jars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link to Food in Jars!

    ReplyDelete